- To be announced
Dr. Stan Matwin, Ph.D. CRC
Following his Ph.D., Stan was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Warsaw University. He joined University of Guelph in 1977, and Acadia University in 1980. Since 1981 at the University of Ottawa, as of 2011 a Distinguished University Professor (on leave). For many years in charge of graduate studies in Computer Science at the University of Ottawa, and a founding father of the Graduate Certificate in Electronic Commerce at University of Ottawa in 1999. Also affiliated with the Institute for Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences as a Professor, Stan has worked at universities in the U.S, Europe, and Latin America. Recognized internationally for his work in text mining, applications of Machine Learning, and data privacy, author and co-author of more than 250 research paper. Former president of the Canadian Artificial Intelligence Association (CAIAC) and of the IFIP Working Group 12.2 (Machine Learning). Stan has significant experience and interest in innovation and technology transfer. One of the founders of Distil Interactive Inc. and Devera Logic Inc.
Dr. Luis Torgo, Ph.D. CRC
Luis Torgo is a Canada Research Chair (Tier 1) on Spatiotemporal Ocean Data Analytics and a Professor of Computer Science at the Faculty of Computer Science at Dalhousie University, Canada, and an Associate Professor of the Department of Computer Science of the Faculty of Sciences at the University of Porto, Portugal. Luis is also an invited professor of the Stern Business School of the New York University where he has been collaborating since 2014 in the Master of Science in Business Analytics.
Luis is a member of the Institute for Big Data Analytics at Dalhousie, and also a senior researcher of LIAAD / INESC Tec at the University of Porto. He has been doing research in the area of Data Mining and Machine Learning since 1990, and has published over 100 papers in several forums of these areas. Luis Torgo is the author of the widely acclaimed Data Mining with R book published by CRC Press. His current research interests revolve around analyzing data from dynamic environments, with a particular focus on time and space-time dependent data sets, in the search for unexpected events.
Luis Torgo is the CEO and one of the founding partners of KNOYDA a company devoted to training and consulting within data science.
Research Advisory Board
- Dr. Jennifer Bain (ADR, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences)
- Dr. Rob Beiko (ADR, Faculty of Computer Science)
- Dr. Shaun Boe (ADR, Faculty of Health)
- Dr. Laurent Kreplak (ADR, Faculty of Science)
- Dr. Wieslawa Dominika Wranik (ADR, Faculty of Management)
- To be announced
- Dr. Darren Abramson (Arts and Social Sciences)
- Dr. Ahmad Al-Mallahi (Agriculture)
- Dr. Rob Beiko (Computer Science)
- Dr. Gail Eskes (Medicine)
- Dr. Israat Haque (Computer Science)
- Dr. Vlado Keselj (Computer Science)
- Dr. Aaron MacNeil (Science)
- Dr. Joseph Malloch (Computer Science)
- Dr. Younes Miar (Agriculture)
- Dr. Evangelos Milios (Computer Science)
- Dr. Joanna Mills Flemming (Science)
- Dr. Orla Murphy (Science)
- Dr. Sageev Oore (Computer Science)
- Dr. Rita Orji (Computer Science)
- Dr. Ron Pelot (Engineering)
- Dr. Derek Reilly (Computer Science)
- Dr. Mae Seto (Engineering)
- Dr. Rudolf Uher (Medicine)
- Dr. Christopher Whidden (Computer Science)
- Dr. Qiang Ye (Computer Science)
- Renee Black. Founder of non-profit organizations GoodBot and PeaceGeeks, Renee holds a Commerce Degree from Dalhousie (1999) and an M.A. in International Affairs (Peace & Security) from the University of Ottawa (2009). She is also a fellow of the UN Alliance of Civilizations and winner of the Google Impact Award.
- Dr. Martha Dais Ferreira
- Dr. Jay Kumar
- Dr. Zahra Sadeghi
- Dr. Gabriel Spadon Da Souza
- David Langstroth, MBA